Sunday, October 4, 2026

AI Use Case

 So I ran my previous post through a generative AI model (I apologise) just to see if it had any suggestions for overall flow, and it instead gave me this assessment -- which I thought was interesting so I'm sharing it here.

I think the essay ultimately says:

I came to Europe thinking I was choosing a place to live. I didn't realize I was discovering what kind of life I wanted. Now I'm frightened that the life I want may not be the life that maximizes my career, money, or romantic prospects—and I'm old enough to know those things matter. But when I strip away the fear of making the “wrong” choice, I still don't actually want to leave.

And that is a very compelling narrative.

In fact, I wouldn't end by saying “London is the right choice.” Your current ending is better. You haven't proven that London is objectively the right choice. You've discovered something more personal:

You have a life you love, and the arguments for abandoning it are largely arguments about what you think you should want.

No comments:

Post a Comment